Have a StartUp?
Enter now for a chance to compete at the 2nd Annual Innovation Factory Summit, which will provide a forum for investors and entrepreneurs to collaborate.
Pitch your business to a room full of capital! Our judges are angel investors, venture capitalists, high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, and technology gurus, who want to see if your StartUp could be the next innovative idea they invest in!
Mosh Pit Competition Guidelines
To compete in the 2014 Innovation Factory Mosh Pit Challenge, StartUps must meet the following guidelines:
- At least one team member must be affiliated with Johns Hopkins University (student, alumni, faculty or staff)
- Capital request must be between $10k - $500k+
StartUps will be selected to compete based on their submissions of the following:
- Two Page Executive Summary (pdf)
- One to Three Minute Video Pitch of Your Business Idea - youtube link (NOW OPTIONAL)
All submissions must be submitted via the form on the event website (innovationfactorysummit.com) on Wednesday, September 10th, 2014.
The Two Page Executive Summary must include the following information:
- Name of StartUp
- Main contact information
- Corporate structure & state of incorporation (i.e., 'Incorporated as a Maryland LLC')
- Team members & Johns Hopkins affiliation(s)
COMPANY & MARKET OVERVIEW
- StartUp's mission & vision
- Description of product/service & problem it addresses
- Market potential & overall opportunity size
- Business model including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT Analysis)
- Competitors & StartUp's competitive differentiation
- 3-5 year financial projection including revenues, expenses, net income (profit)
- If applicable, description of any internal and/or external financing the company has received to date (friends, family, founders, angel investors, VCs, etc.)
**For StartUps entering into the competition as Social Enterprises or Non-Profits, judges and investors will have a variety of investment vehicles available to discuss upon due diligence. These could range from donations, fellowships, grants, impact bonds, micro loans, debt investment, and/or equity investment, dependent upon the financial needs of the StartUp.